Hamilton County DD Services, committed to helping people served be prepared, is a member of the Emergency Preparedness Collaborative of Hamilton County, which focuses on preparation to respond to individuals who are vulnerable during community-wide emergencies.
Please see the documents below for instructions on how to be prepared for an emergency.
- Disaster Readiness Tips for People With Functional Needs
- Disaster Supplies Starter Shopping List
- Personal Contact Form
- Disaster Sheltering at Home
- Disaster Sheltering "To Go"
- Disaster Sheltering: Deciding to Stay or Go
- Preparedness Resources for People with Disabilities
County Wide Alerting
All Hamilton County Residents can sign up to receive emergency notifications via text message, email, home phone or cell phone at https://hamco-oh.smartmsg.com. A notification will be made for events such as a natural disaster, man-made disaster or public safety emergency. There is no cost for this service.
Contact Jim Hellyer, Assistant Director of Human Resources, at (513) 559-6674 for more information on the agency's involvement in any of these initiatives.