The mission of Hamilton County DD Services is to help people and their families achieve what is important to them.
We are working with people who have developmental disabilities, their families, people who provide support services, and other citizens of Hamilton County to build a future in which people with disabilities:
- Are able to say what services they want and get them
- Learn skills that lead to good jobs and better lives
- Have networks of friends and family who care about them
- Have well-trained staff who listen and offer help in planning for the future
- Are safe, healthy, involved members of their communities
The principles of self determination are central to the services and supports the agency provides, and to the planning process for services that meet an individual's needs and wishes.
This person-centered approach to providing services is based on an individual's choices, preferences, strengths, and dreams. Planning includes family, and the "circle of support." The circle of support includes others who are most important to the person.